TasSpan P/L (the Company including AusSpan) is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all employees, contractors and visitors and will comply with all relevant OHS legislation, Standards, Codes and guidelines to ensure the safety, health and wellbeing of all persons to whom we owe a duty of care.
In compliance with the Workplace Health & Safety Act 1995 and Workplace Health & Safety Regulations 1998, TasSpan P/L acknowledges its responsibility for the safety of all employees and other persons under its control, and will ensure the integration of health and safety into all aspects of our operations.
To achieve this, TasSpan P/L will:
- Identify and assess any risks to health and safety in our work practices, equipment and work environment with a view to either eliminating them or putting in place adequate control measures;
- Provide and maintain all equipment and tools in a safe condition;
- Provide and maintain all the appropriate safety and personal protective equipment required to ensure safe work practices;
- Provide training and instruction to ensure all employees are competent and are able to carry out their work in a safe manner;
- Re-evaluate and monitor all injury prevention activities undertaken by the Company, to ensure that the desired improvements to health and safety performance have been achieved and that no other hazards have inadvertently been created;
Continue to monitor and review the work environment, work practices and equipment in consultation with all employees.
In support of this policy, and in order to ensure employees fulfil their obligations under the Workplace Health and Safety Act, TasSpan P/L employees are expected to:
- Carry out their work in a safe and healthy manner;
- Take reasonable care to ensure the safety of themselves and others at all times;
- Follow established safe work procedures and comply with safety rules and instructions at all times;
- Comply with Workplace Health & Safety Act and Regulations;
- Report all incidents, accidents, near misses and hazards immediately.
- The success of this policy requires the full support and co-operation of all TasSpan/AusSpan employees.